Thursday, October 11, 2007

Reception Party!!!

"Excuse me, I've got to ask...you had the strangest look on your face when you were coming down the aisle..."


















Funniest thing I saw at the reception: Cassie sportin' Cole Haan sneakers.













The pictures just don't do it justice. You've got to see it.

















(Author's note: This is the first cigarette I've smoked since Summer '03. I've since returned to the life of a non-smoker. Thank you.)








After the departure of Mr. & Mrs. Fontenot, we continued to enjoy the reception! Soon we realized that we were only a mere trolley ride away from Maximillians (the hotel bar). Some didn't make it and were found passed out in the dining area. :)









Someone allowed me to leave the reception without my shoes as they were discreetly hidden behind one of the many bars (the one that knew how to make the seemingly complicated "Katie" drink based explicitly on instructions from Katie- it involved words such as "splash of...")

The trolley delivered all of us safely to our hotel watering hole. The group exceeded our stay past "last call" at Maximillians after Charles paid our unusually large bar tab- all I know is that Sarah and I each had about 10 RedBull/Vodkas (thanks Charles!) in front of us and I'm positive that I saw Laura at the other end of the table with six different frozen beverages varying in colors and consistencies (its possible that one was a White Russian and/or Brandy Alexander). With no other alcohol-serving establishment within walking distance, I had the cavalier idea of moving our post-reception celebration to the hotel lobby. Lesson: when told by a security guard that you must put your cigarette out because there is no smoking in the lobby, it could be considered "sass-ing" him if you reply, "Why? Fine, let me have one more drag..." (Author's note: this was the second cigarette I've had since Summer '03. )

No comments: